Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Periods 6 & 7: Hamlet



Wow! It seems like it was only last week that we started Hamlet and we are already almost half of the way completed with it! I know that this can be a very challenging unit for the students, but my suggestions is to not allow yourself to get "stuck" on the language. This play is about the isolation of Hamlet from the rest of society-- so try to put yourself in Hamlet's shoes (and in the shoes of the other characters).

If you have any questions about the play, please feel free to post them here. If you need any help on the day that an assignment is due, please feel free to see me during activity period, 2nd period or 4th period. I also stay afterschool Monday-Thursday.

Happy Shakespearing!!!

Study Guide (All Acts)
Full-Text version (no line numbers-- but easy to read!)
Journal & Schedule
*BONUS
If you can tell me the title of the book that the above picture is from, I will give you 3 bonus points. Only 1 student per class can win the contest. You must post your answer as a comment to this entry...

5 comments:

courtney shipley said...

Vertigo
courtney pd5

Mr. Cullen said...

Courtney-

You are correct-- but it is not the answer I was looking for. I changed the question to better reflect what I wanted...but don't worry-- you are still getting your bonus points!!

Unknown said...

I'm guessing its from hamlet.

Nathan stouffer

Mr. Cullen said...

Mr. Stouffer-

If it was that easy, it wouldn't be bonus...but here is a clue:

Ask Tim Bodnar

Levi said...

by Bill Reed
in 365 Reasons to Love Comics
Monday, April 16th, 2007 at 4:37 PM EST

Updated: Monday, April 16th, 2007 at 5:34 PM EST
Maybe Brian’s late (too much Playstation, that’s what it is!), but the 365 Reasonsmobile keeps on keepin’ on! Surely you can enjoy this delightful, competently-written and always-on-time daily title!

Yeah, it’s “Ape”-ril, but today is all monkey business with comics’ sexiest monkey who throws a monkey wrench into the semi-apocalypse, monkey monkey. Monkey. Everybody loves monkeys.

4/16/07

106. Ampersand



Now, I’m not the world’s biggest Brian K. Vaughan fan, and I can’t say Y: The Last Man really interested me much, but if there’s one thing that title has going for it, it’s Ampersand, the little Capuchin monkey and pet/partner of Yorick, the “Y” in “Y: The Last Man.”