Monday, February 9, 2009

New Kindle from Amazon!

Students,

While I am not entirely sold on the device for my everyday use (since I make so many annotations in my books) I do really like Amazon's Kindle (if you don't know what it is, you can think of it as an iPod for books).

Here is an article on the new version of Kindle that was released today. I think that some of you might find it interesting.

This device intrigues me, not because of the current applications, but because of the future applications. Wouldn't it be great to have all of your textbooks on one electronic device? Instead of going to the college bookstore and spending hundreds of dollars on textbooks, one day you might be able to download them wirelessly for a fraction of the cost! Very cool.

Of course, if the Kindle catches on, I might be making fewer trips to Half Price Books!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cullen, first the idea of not spending hundreds of dollars on college books is awesome, but come on youll never give up half priced books!

i do agree though, that was interesting